Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sleep Problem back - a bit and 4 hour long meetings!

I didn't sleep very well last night, not sure why. It was a light, easily disturbed sleep and my eyes were a bit swollen and burning in the morning. May be dehydration or because I haven't been eating properly.

That said, I was in a 4 hour meeting in the morning today with people from another organisation. The bits I was representing took 30 seconds! And I had to sit through 4 hours of brainstorming and negotiations.

I have trouble maintaining my self respect and dignity. There are some people here at work who think I am stupid. I particularly take exception to one of them - a young graduate. Don't know what to do. I'm just not assertive. I wish there were some assertiveness classes or courses I could take. Sometimes I wish I had a magic wand!

No comments:

Post a Comment